The Vermont Child Welfare Training Program partners with representatives from all levels of the Family Services Division (FSD) to continuously grow and adapt the professional development program to meet the changing needs of FSD staff. We provide a comprehensive professional development program which:
- Integrates divisional mission, practice model, policy, quality assurance and program improvement processes;
- Meets departmental needs for regional training available through the year;
- Provides opportunities for teams to be trained and coached with their supervisors in best and emerging practices, so that supervisors can support workers to implement skills and knowledge in their practice;
- Utilizes various delivery methods, including videos, interactive internet-based, webinars, formal coaching relationships and workshops;
- Focuses on building specific competency based skills for engaging, assessing, planning, implementing, monitoring and closure with children, youth and families;
- Builds system capacity through organizational consulting, mentoring, team building and leadership development;
- Progresses from basic orientation, foundational knowledge through advanced skills and knowledge in child welfare and youth justice practice.