Foundations training series of online and in person classes designed for Vermont kinship and foster caregivers. All licensed kinship and foster caregivers are required to take Foundations.
From the comfort of your own home or community library you will learn at your own pace. Learning modules will help you to better prepare for your new role as a kinship or non-relative foster parent. Required topic areas include:
- Residential Licensing and Special Investigations (RLSI)
- Your New Role
- Respecting Difference
- Tools for Working with Children and Youth
- Kinship Awareness—for the kinship caregiver
Elective topic areas include:
- Working with Transitional Youth
- Human Trafficking and Commercial Exploitation of Children
- Exposure to Domestic violence
Join with other kinship and foster parents from your own community in a classroom style setting to deepen your learning and build skills that will help you to be better prepared to take care of a child or youth with a trauma history. Each Learning Network series consists of three, three hours sessions that are offered four times per year in each district.